Saturday, January 3, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in "Granite"

So I was just sitting around watching Rachel Whitehurst's recent Sephora haul video when I see she mentions having got Anastasia's Brow Wiz. I don't often comment people's YouTube videos, but I felt like randomly mentioning how I have a love-hate relationship with Brow Wiz because I love how easy they are to use, but they only last me about two months at best when I'm wearing brows almost every day, and how Granite was my perfect color, but they didn't make it in Dipbrow formula...

Then, somebody replies to my comment saying that Sephora started listing a Granite shade of Dipbrow, but it's out of stock. I nearly flipped a table. I'm actually still in the surprised phase of having been made aware that Anastasia finally has made a Granite Dipbrow. I actually emailed Anastasia several months ago asking if they'd ever be coming out with Granite, but I never got any response.

Anyway, so the fact that Sephora listed it led to me checking Ulta's site, and they indeed also had it. But, I then remembered that I had an Amazon gift card to use, so I checked Amazon and, sure enough, Amazon carries some Anastasia products as well. Got that Prime free two-day shipping, y'all! ;D


So the package arrived yesterday and I had to immediately test it out after snapping a few photos of it in the packaging:

Anastasia Dipbrow packaging

Sticker showing the shade name

Dipbrow product inside its packaging

Bottom of the container showing product info

When I opened the jar, I got just a little bit scared at first, because the product looks very dark. It almost looks like a slightly-less-than-black gel liner (Dipbrow can actually be used as gel liner, btw, but I haven't tried it myself as such).

Under bright kitchen lighting

Kitchen lighting, different angle. Look how dark it looks!

Quite full of product. This will last me forever.
I promptly did my brows as I usually do (I should say, "as I currently do them") to test the product. Anastasia recommends that you never take product directly from the pot and apply to brows, but rather swipe some product into the lid of the jar and use it as a little palette to work off of. It's not sanitary to keep dipping into the jar, but this doesn't seem like as big of an issue for people who never share any of their products with other people. I will say that my Medium Brown Dipbrow has dried up a little bit over these past few months of having it and I was always dipping right into the jar, so I'm going to follow Anastasia's instructions this time around.

Here's the way I currently do my brows. I start applying a teeny amount of Dipbrow where my arch begins and I draw the tails on. Then, I finish the tail shape with the bottom line of my brow. Then, I draw the top and bottom lines at the front of the brow and connect to the tail, and finally, I fill everything in. I also will go over the tails with Maybelline black gel liner to darken the them. I will then blend the hair part with a spoolie and clean up any mistakes with a bit of powder foundation or concealer. When all of that is done, I set the hairs with Maybelline clear mascara or Anastasia Granite tinted brow gel.

Granite Dipbrow with some Maybelline black gel liner on tails

Alternative lighting and angle

I know I've only had this product for a day, but I was using Medium Brown Dipbrow for months and I really love the formula. You can easily achieve anywhere from a very natural brow (if you blend a lot out with a spoolie and go very light-handed) to a full-on sculpted Instagram brow, if that's your thing. I'm elated that they finally came out with a Granite shade because it is, in my opinion, the perfect shade to match black hair. I dye my hair black and I don't really like the way it looks to have brown brows with black hair, but I was doing it anyway because Medium Brown was a good ashy shade. I highly recommend this shade to anybody who wants to have brows that are almost black but not straight-up BLACK and scouse-brow looking.

Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in any shade retails for $18 and can be bought from SephoraUltaAmazon, or directly from Anastasia's website (three new shades not listed yet). Anastasia Beverly Hills does not test on animals. :)


What I'm wearing on my face:
- Nyx HD concealer in Green on the inner cheeks and Fair under the eyes
- Urban Decay Naked Skin in 2.0 all over the face
- Ben Nye HD media pro powder to set undereyes
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light to set all over face
- No eye makeup
- Anastasia Granite Dipbrow and Maybelline black gel liner on brows
- MAC Blunt blush as cheek contour and Harmony blush as bronzer
- Milani Rose D'Oro baked blush on cheeks and nose
- Nyx Butter Gloss in Ginger Snap

3 comments:

  1. Ok so I thought I posted a comment but it doesn't look like it...

    I use Brow Wiz in Granite but bought the Dipbrow in Medium Brown after reading reviews about the Dipbrow being way more pigmented - I've used the Medium Brown Dipbrow today and I feel like maybe its too light....but Granite may be too black for my dark brown hair! Would you say Granite in Dipbrow is very black looking on? If I maybe apply the Medium Brown a bit heavier would this help maybe? Did you find there was a huge difference between Medium Brown and Granite Dipbrow? Any advice welcomed as I don't want to waste money buy the Dipbrow in Granite when I can maybe improve on the use of the Medium Brown! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really success this fabulous interlock which you impale furnished for all of us. My partner and i assurance this will end up being flirtatious pertaining to a lot of the personss. Indeed propitious look for me, Love limited that you're molecule on the main web owners My partner and i long-term saw. Blesss pertaining to putting up this informative issue..
    Indian black granite manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this amazing article, it is very informative post good work keep it up.
    barneys new york coupon

    ReplyDelete