These lippies apply very smoothly onto my lips and the applicator doesn't get too much product on it. These guys take around a whole minute to dry on me, so I try to just not move my mouth while it dries, especially avoiding pressing my lips together so as not to make it go patchy.
Anyway, I'm loving these so far. They're definitely not completely pro with no con, but I honestly don't think any lip product truly is. I'll list pros and cons (in my opinion/experience) right here and will go into detail after:
- Very smooth application
- No need to re-dip for the shades I have (except maybe for Neon Coral)
- More play time before drying to get it perfect
- Very long wearing
- Reapplies smoothly over itself without caking
- Feels like nothing on the lips
- Feels fully matte without drying my lips out
- Doesn't feel too thick or heavy if I layer a gloss over top (though, that will obviously take all matte properties away from the product)
- Breaks up from eating anything oily (common with most lip products, really)
- Transfers a little bit onto straws, cups, etc.
- Has less product than some similar products, like KVD Everlasting Love or Pretty Zombie Cosmetics liquid lipsticks
- Short shelf life according to the product label (only 6 months, but use your own discretion)
Now, in my opinion, these potential cons don't outweigh the pros whatsoever. I'll take a little bit of transfer on my drinking straw and having to reapply after eating if it means I'm wearing the same gorgeous color all day without having to completely remove it to reapply or having to worry about my lips drying up like they do with Lime Crime Velvetines after a few hours, especially in colder weather. These puppies feel like I'm wearing nothing at all on my lips, which, I think, are comparable to the feeling of Kat Von D Everlasting Love lippies. In my experience, the KVD ones feel just a hair lighter.
On my lips, these have been lasting from 7-10 hours depending on what I've been eating or drinking. As long as my lips weren't dry before applying, they don't make my lips any more dry. Liquid lipsticks in general are the kind of product where it's crucial to moisturize beforehand.
Onto some lip swatches!
So, all in all, I'd recommend trying these out for sure. I'm not planning to build a huge collection of these, but I do want maybe one or two more colors. These do claim to have a short shelf life on their packaging, though, so I may wait until spring or summer to get any more.
These liquid lipsticks retail for $20 each and can be purchased on Anastasia's official site or at Macy's Impulse stores. Anasasia Beverly Hills does not test on animals.