Sunday, August 3, 2014

Melt Cosmetics "Space Cake" lipstick

I had been contemplating buying Melt Cosmetics' "Space Cake" lipstick for months ever since seeing it on Melt's Instagram.  It always appeared on the company's official site or social media photos as this intriguing matte grey with slightly blue undertones, but sometimes customer photos made it appear more blue than grey.

Nevertheless, I decided to finally order it and see for myself.  On my lips, it does show the blue tones quite a bit, but is definitely grey overall.  Gorgeous over a black lip liner and blended together.  The texture is very matte and does drag slightly across the lips, but that's sometimes to be expected with matte lipsticks, especially those advertised as "ultra-matte".  It has lasting power even without any blotting, though it is not transfer-proof unless it's set with powder.



As it appears in the above photo, my lips appear quite dry with this lipstick on.  This is mostly because I had been swatching several products before this one and my lips had taken a beating.  This lipstick applies pretty smoothly even though it's super-duper matte.  If you have dry lips already, I'd recommend using a moisturizing lip primer if possible.  This will definitely accentuate dry patches on the lips.

Melt gets a big thumbs up from me for this shade.  It's so unique and surprisingly wearable-feeling!


Space Cake retails for $19 on Melt's official website.  All of Melt's lipsticks are vegan and cruelty-free!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment