Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Anastasia Beverly Hills "Medium Brown" Dipbrow Pomade

I was about to run out of my Anastasia "Granite" Brow Wiz pencil and was in need of something new.  Instead of just getting a new Brow Wiz, I figured I may as well give Dipbrow a shot.  They don't currently have any shades of Dipbrow that look very close to their usual "Granite" color, so I opted for "Medium Brown" since it's not too light and it's very ashy.  I, personally, prefer to avoid any warm tones in my brows, especially since I usually dye my hair black.

The Dipbrow Pomade appears to give you more product for your money compared to the Brow Wiz pencils.  Dipbrow costs $3 less and you hardly need any product at all to do an entire brow, depending on how much brow you have to begin with.  Obviously, one is more likely to use up the product more quickly if they're completely drawing on brows from nothing in lieu of filling and shaping hairs that are already there.  In order to apply this product, I just lightly tap my angled brush into the product once or twice to get a little bit onto the bristles and then lightly start sweeping the product through my brows, starting with the lower and then upper lines, getting them even, and then creating the tail ends.

If you're used to applying brows with an angled brush, this should be no different and will likely be very easy to get used to, as long as you're careful not to load up too much product onto the brush.  It's better to build it up gradually than to apply it heavily and then have to spread it all out.

For the sake of this review, I've taken photos of my brows with only the Dipbrow Pomade on my brows and I didn't fix or sculpt with any concealer, nor did I add black eyeshadow to the tail ends, which I usually do.


Both brows; only Dipbrow with no concealer, powders, or gels


Left brow; only Dipbrow with no concealer, powders, or gels

Overall, I highly recommend Dipbrow Pomade.  I have combination skin and my T-zone gets very oily and this stuff really stays on for hours and hours unless I'm careless and touch the tails of my brows too roughly.  It stays even better when I set the ends with eyeshadow and my hairs with a gel.  As long as not too much product is used, it should set on the skin and not slip around throughout the day.  I haven't tested it for its potential waterproof capabilities, but it's definitely sweat-proof for me.


Dipbrow Pomade retails for $18 at Sephora as well as Ulta and Anastasia's official website.  Anastasia Beverly Hills does not test on animals (as mentioned on PETA's site), though some of their products may contain ingredients like beeswax or honey, so be sure to read the ingredients on the packaging or on store websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment