Sunday, August 3, 2014

Milani Color Statement lipsticks

I've recently purchased two different colors of Milani's Color Statement lipsticks and thought I'd do a brief review.  :)

I picked up Orange-Gina and Nude Crème.  Orange-Gina is a bright orange color without much red undertone and some very fine glittery bits in the product.  The glitters give it a pretty shimmery look without looking like you stuck huge glitter chunks all over your mouth.  On me, Orange-Gina brings out all the redness on my face and makes me look even rosier, so I only wear this if I'm wearing foundation as well.

Nude Crème is amazing; it's a fairly light, but not too pale, pinky nude color that looks good even on fair skin.  It's actually great for lighter skin because it's not too beige and therefore doesn't give that concealer lips look that many people tend to try avoiding.  This shade is also a great dupe for MAC Kinda Sexy lipstick.  Kinda Sexy is a matte, whereas the Milani lipsticks are very creamy and slightly shiny, but the actual colors of the two are quite similar.


Orange Gina



Nude Crème


Milani is not a vegan company (some products may contain animal-derived ingredients, so be sure to read up on each product), but they do not test on animals.

Depending on the store, these lipsticks retail for about $5, give or take.

No comments:

Post a Comment