Sunday, August 3, 2014

L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga mascara

I decided to pick up the L'Oréal Miss Manga mascara at my local Rite Aid since the mascaras I already had at home were almost dried up and I was about to need a new one.  I got a bit suckered into the whole weeb appeal of its name being "Miss Manga."  Looking at the packaging, it does look pretty silly.  The little cartoon character on the packaging doesn't really look anything like a typical manga or anime character, but I got the mascara anyway since I've heard many good reviews.

This mascara is very wet, which, for me, is a huge drawback.  I've already tried letting this dry out a bit so it'll be more to my liking, but it's still a huge mess to apply.  The brush on the mascara wand is tapered and great for lifting the lashes; it also isn't too wide.  However, since this mascara is so wet when you first open it, the brush gets a LOT of extra product on it and it makes a huge mess on my eyelids.  The mascara definitely does lift my lashes, but that's about where the perks end for me.



Overall, I'd say this mascara basically sucks and isn't worth the ~7.99 I paid since I have to put a lot of effort into making it work.  Overly wet mascaras are usually a deal-breaker for me and enough reason to not repurchase since they're such a pain in the ass to work with.

The only way I've been able to wear this mascara is by not wearing any eyeshadow underneath since so much mascara smudges all over it.  I'll do eyeliner and then apply the mascara, then wipe all of the mess away with a Q-tip and call it a day.

L'Oréal does test on animals and is not a cruelty free brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment